Sunday, January 22, 2012

Kizmia's Island adventure

Yesterday I was alerted to the Pirates of Lok'Groton Lootin' Time which I had not attended for a few weeks because I didn't know it was still being held. I decided to leave the library in order to be a good pirate, unfortunately Stinkfist was no where to be seen. I was about to go back when Azel asked if I wanted to have a trip to Kizmia's Island. I hadn't been there in quite some time so I donned my Catsbane's Necklace and headed out.

The group consisted of Azel, Borzon, Brahtz, Ravenstorm, and myself. We started in Kizmia's Island Cove on the east part of the island and headed underground through the one-way path. Once there we hunted throughout the caves following Borzon's directions since he had a map. We even visited Groar's statue and its amazing glittering jewel.

Borzon wanted some tar for a future trip so we exited on the west side of the surface. We weren't able to spend much time there since Azel had to go, but we did scan a few of the snells in order to find the Albino Maha that can be turned into clothes or a rank (one-time only). The general consensus was that it was probably already found and killed, probably by Mujin-kun. We weren't able to find it regardless.

It was a great trip with enough challenge to not be boring and enough coins so that I started out with 2c and ended up with over 1,600c. Borzon and Azel also got some studies done.

I definitely noticed the improvement to my usefulness with the extra histia I trained over the past several months. If I was here with the 300 histia I had instead of the 450 histia I have now it would have been a lot riskier. Especially since at one point I got surrounded by junk and Lyfelidae and was getting low on health. Thankfully Ravenstorm came and freed me and I was able to get to safety to heal the fallen and myself. If I had only 300 histia I would have fallen and put the group at risk. After I finish getting to 400 faustus with AnDeux Faure I'll get to 500 histia before doing anything else. I thought I could avoid damage with proximus, and I did for a long time, but that's just not possible anymore.

I think I've said this a couple of times before and am sounding like a broken record. I just really like the extra health and how it keeps me from looking like a noob when I fall. Having fast reflexes and knowing where to run to avoid feraling mobs helps a lot too, but sometimes avoiding everything becomes impossible.

Kizmia's Island shouldn't be forgotten as a good place to hunt. It's great for experience for a long time, and if you have someone with good skea it's great for coins as well.

A Blind Amphibian was an odd sight.

Groar's statue hides secrets.

Glad to be there. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment