Saturday, April 30, 2011

Does the Sun Dragon Clan have a future?

A few months ago I tried to change the direction of the Sun Dragon Clan, and have everyone who was active have a voice in what should be changed to have more active members. My thought was that if I made the changes on my own without any feedback from the members that I would be imposing my will on the clan and that I had no right to do that. What happened was no one had any opinions, no one wanted to do anything, and as of now I'm pretty much the only one still clanning.

By contrast let's look at Neko no Kessha (NNK); one of the few clans who has clan pride, active members, and a regular hunt. What's the difference? NNK doesn't have a complicated clan structure or many people in charge but what they do have is a clan leader willing to take charge and make decisions. That's what the Sun Dragon Clan needs, a leader who will say what his ideas are and how to make them a reality. A leader that people will want to follow and who will take their ideas and use them to make the clan better and stronger.

I do wonder if it's past the time where this should even be considered since there's no one to lead and I'd have to work essentially from nothing but how the Sun Dragon Clan used to be in the past and what I think it should be in the future. I don't think it should be up to one person but if I don't take the lead then no one will.

No comments:

Post a Comment